With the exception of my lovely wife, few people know the totality of things I am currently involved in, as I often see folks in the context of one project or another. This frequently leads to the question, “so, do you do this full time?”
So, I thought I would quickly give you all the run down, as a few things have changed recently as well:
- I lead a small strategic consulting firm focusing on new media and innovative methods. We work with social enterprises and non profits mostly, as well as spending some time on select businesses we feel comfortable working with. We often times help these businesses with cause related marketing strategies. [this is the only one that pays, so please hire us even if just for building a website or some quick advice] (;
- I am the interim lead of a small faith based creative community in Santa Ana. Our numbers are small but the vision and passion is huge and has led to a lot of amazing things.
- I help with marketing and fund raising for a community development and service initiative in Santa Ana
- I attend a church in Irvine and volunteer in a few small capacities when asked.
- I am on the board of a small non profit ensuring quality mental health care is available to those who need it.
- I also spend quite a bit of time with my wife and kids (links to my photos online, which are mostly of the kids though other stuff is there too).
These are the biggest areas of my current time split. I also have a few smaller, or infrequent things that I work on or have under development.
- a few secret projects (;
- an art show
- a couple book ideas in early stages
- occasionally speaking at conferences
- advising tech start ups on user acquisition (esp. power users)
So there you have it. If as some believe, you are what you do, then that is me. When time permits (it rarely does these days) perhaps I can do a tech walk through on how I attempt to remain productive while wearing so many hats. One hint, less personal blogging (;